Links to recent articles:
- Swillhouse.com – George Ellis Music Obsessive
- Mikis Theodorakis – Queensland Performing Arts Centre (QPAC)
- George Ellis on Orchestrating the Music for the NRL Grand Final
- The Greek Herald: The Hymn to Liberty: George Ellis Dazzles Greeks in Sydney Performance
- Greek City Times: History Made at Sydney Town Hall with Full Length Hymn to Liberty…
- Conductor George Ellis’ Olympic Glory
A review of a night of chilled sounds from Iceland’s cool winter landscapes.
See George Ellis conducting In this advertisement for De’Longhi, published in Oct. 2020.
This review from https://tonedeaf.thebrag.com/david-bowie-tribute-evening/ describes We Can Be Heroes, conducted by George Ellis.
Read this compelling review of George Ellis’ work in Hooked on Classics, published in artsreview.com.au.
This review of Hooked on Classics comes from Samantha Deconno and was published in pianowithsamantha.com.au.
This article from The Greek Herald discusses the history and work of George Ellis.
Keep up to date with George Ellis on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Ellis_(composer)
This article, posted by Sydney Arts Guide, reviews the concert recital of Steve Kilbey’s album ‘Sydney Rococo’ accompanied by The George Ellis Orchestra as part of the Sydney Festival.
This article, published in Limelight magazine, reviews Mimi’s Symphony, a wonderful collaboration between George Ellis and Justine Clark.
This article, published in The NewCastle Herald, discusses Hooked on Classics, a magical mingling of rock and classical music.
Who else loved The Beatles at age 4 and finished off conducting a motley mixture of music (including classical) for a living. And arranges songs to boot! And is a composer! Read more from this article published in Sydney Arts Guide.
Big winner in the energy stakes was the choir conductor, who was waving his arms around and banging his head like it was the best gig ever!