A song by George Ellis
This break-up song was written about Lisa, my high school girlfriend and first love. The song, called Thank You, is a celebration of the good things in the relationship. We were in our mid to late teens, with the whole world before us. Here we are busking at Paddington markets which we did every Saturday for a few years. She performed in the Olympic Torch Relay concerts I conducted at the Opera House years later. We remain friends.
- Thank You was written by George Ellis in 2005.
- Lead vocals – Conia Martin
- Backing vocals – Julia Buckley and Sally Freeman
- Piano – Bev Kennedy
- Drums, bass & rhythm guitar – Michael Carpenter
- Lead guitar – George Ellis
- Recorded at Love Hz Studios, Sydney